Symbol in someone's life
Some ones Symbol
As a mother of a beautiful full of life 3 year old , one of
the things I notices is what she attaches herself to. Since my daughter Natalie was a baby baby (she
is still a baby but says she is a big girl now) she has attached herself to
this big red brownish blanket. This
blanket is not a normal size blankie . The blanket is more like a dang comforter but
never lets it go! She eats with it, sleeps with it , watches TV with it, and
takes it to daycare too! What could she possibly see in that blanket? Then the
day came when that question was answered by my 3 year old. I was in such a
hurry to get her to school that I forgot to bring the blankie aka comforter.
She nearly had a heart attack! She said “ mommy my blankie! Go back for my
blankie!” I said “no Natalie come on,
why do you need that huge thing?” Her response was priceless” because it helps
me stay safe.” Objects can symbolize different things to many people in this
case of a 3 year old girl it meant safety.
The innocence of a child is so wholesome and precious. I don't have any children of my own but I have plenty of nieces, nephews and god babies that I get to witness this way of how they view the world. Being the big softy that I am, I more than likely would have went back to get the blankie!
ReplyDelete