Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Psychological criticism

                                   Psychological criticism

 For this post I will link two stories that I can sense  psychological criticism.

In the story of revelations, Ms. Turnip is portrayed with such Narcissistic personality. She is preoccupied with personal adequacy, power , prestige and vanity, mentally unable to see the destructive damage she causing to herself and to others in the process. She is a very interesting character and I find it genius the way the author uses this type of a psychological criticism to portray this character.


The second story that stands out to me is the Fall of the House of Usher. Roderick is psychologically profiled as a character with mental disorders. Depression is the mental disorder that is emphasized. He is in a states of a  depressed mood.  This mood can make him feel sad, anxious, empty, hopeless, helpless, worthless,guilty, irritable, ashamed or restless.


Roderick  loses interest in activities that were once pleasurable, has problems concentrating, remembering details or making decisions, and may contemplate, attempt or commit suicide. Just the feel of the psychology behind this character.

No comments:

Post a Comment