MYTH OF MY LIFE
One of the greatest myth of my life I could say is growing up Catholic. As a young child I was taught that if I misbehaved I would go to hell . I was taught only to fear God and what could happen to me if I lied, cheated, or stole. Even as a child I struggled with understanding why church was so important to adult if all they did was fear God. I never went to church only on special occasions. As a teenage I started to feel an overwhelming feeling to understand God and who he really was. A friend invited me to go to her Christian church one day and I fell in love. Then my family started to prohibit to go with her. They told me that we were "Catholic" and that "Catholic's" did not bounce from church to church and I was not allowed to change religions. Sadden by the disapproval I renounced my love.
In 2012, I was reunited with my long lost love, I found myself in front of a preacher accepting Jesus into my heart. It took 22 years to finally satisfy my search in my beliefs. Today I am head of a household in where my 3 year old knows that God loves her and is merciful. A household that prays together.
No comments:
Post a Comment